* Online Only
THE SPORTIEST TYRE OF THE DIABLO ROSSO FAMILY
- Ideal for riders who want performance upgrades for their motorcycles
- Higher grip, enhanced 'fast' handling and performance consistency
- Bi-compound technology in both front and rear tyre
- Slicker tread pattern compared to DIABLO ROSSO IV
- Racing derived technologies applied to profiles and structures
Pirelli presents the new DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa, the high-performance hypersport tyre that raises the bar of sport riding even higher within the DIABLO ROSSO family. The new DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa represents a fiercer version of the DIABLO ROSSO IV supersport tyre, created to satisfy the most demanding motorcyclists seeking a tyre capable of high performance and to fully utilise the potential of their bikes.
WHO IS DIABLO ROSSO IV CORSA DESIGNED FOR?
DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa is the ideal choice for:
- Motorcyclists who love a dynamic riding style on winding roads and mountain passes and want a tyre to match the sporty performance of their motorcycle;
- Motorcyclists who are passionate about corners, who look for performance upgrades and take care of the bike set-up and aesthetics. These riders seek the most out of their motorcycle by upgrading to high-performance equipment. They also recognise the lightning-shaped tread design as the iconic symbol representing DIABLO ROSSO performance.
The main benefits of DIABLO ROSSO IV CORSA are:
- Higher grip in dry conditions, thanks to a slicker tread design that guarantees a more significant footprint area alongside the use of innovative compounds that increase mechanical grip levels;
- Enhanced hi-performance handling and precise feedback. The innovative technologies applied to the carcass allow the DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa to adhere to the micro-roughness of the asphalt, ensuring precise feedback and a feeling of control;
- Performance consistency over multiple riding sessions is made possible by the characteristics of the tread pattern, where the intended repetition of the grooves offers high resistance to stress, and the new arrangement of the compounds ensures optimal thermal balance.
THE TYRE IN DETAILS
The tread design of DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa features a calculated repetition of the central grooves and a slicker shoulder area for a void/fill ratio that is 25% lower than DIABLO ROSSO IV.
A group of longitudinal grooves in the central area assures directional stability and water evacuation. Their orientation follows the wear waves and enables an even wear, while their position increases the structural stability of the tyre to give performance consistency over multiple riding sessions.
In the intermediate area, linear grooves of different lengths are positioned using a scheme that balances compound flexibility and water evacuation. DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa features a large slick area on the shoulders, offering high levels of grip, precision and stability at maximum lean angles.
The front tyre has a bi-compound scheme that is divided into three areas:
- The central band has a Full Silica compound that occupies around 45% of the section width and is present in the contact area used up to 25 degrees of lean angle;
- The side areas have a softer compound, also Full Silica, thanks to innovative resins that offer excellent grip and improve the front tyre feedback.
- The central Full Silica compound allows for a quick warm-up and excellent chemical grip on different surface conditions;
- The shoulder compound is 100% Carbon Black and derives directly from the compounds of DIABLO Supercorsa SC used in racing competitions. This compound can offer support at full lean and traction during acceleration, managing the torque generated by the latest generation superbikes.
Pirelli exploits all the know-how acquired in the fastest production-derived motorcycle championship. DIABLO ROSSO IV Corsa profiles are therefore race-derived and characterised by a multi-radius design that improves the tyre?s handling.
The central area has a sharper profile to facilitate immediate lean and rapid change of direction. On the other hand, in the lateral regions, the profile curvature is less accentuated to increase the contact area and ensure maximum traction when cornering. Front and rear tyres follow a similar profile design, thus ensuring the set's perfectly balanced and neutral behaviour.
With DIABLO ROSSO IV, Corsa Pirelli uses a racing-derived structure with a zero-degree steel belt, which adapts to different levels of stress without compromising comfort and optimally working with the most advanced electronic control systems.
The stiff cord technology features structural cords that are more rigid and, at the same time, distributed with less density (-20%) compared to a standard sport tyre. This scheme leaves more room for the rubber compound, which improves riding feeling and precision thanks to its damping properties, thus transmitting to the rider a safer feel and control of the motorcycle.